1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved E-3d-v6 jam

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bushwookie, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Bushwookie

Bushwookie New Member

Hello all,

I recently purchased and installed the e3d v6 hotend for 1.75mm filament, and installed it on my robo3d R1.It has now suffered a jam, and I need to figure out how to clear it, preferably without damaging the ptfe tube

It suffered a jam recently with red hatch filament,(pictured: [​IMG]) and upon further inspection i believe the cause was that the heat sink fan broke a wire. that being said, I need to figure out how to clear this jam, and i can't unscrew the heating block or the nozzle.

Any ideas how to clear the jam?

Thank you,
    Bushwookie

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi brushwookieto get the nozzle nozzle off it must be hot. With the nozzle hot the filament should leave the ptfe tube (hopefully)

3. Bushwookie

Bushwookie New Member

Hi Geof, Thank you for the quick reply.

I have heated up the end, and i managed to get the teflon tubing out, but it unfortunately has a pretty severe clog. I believe i can fix this by simply drilling out the clogged filament from the threaded rod part (i forget the name of it, but it goes between the heat sink and the heating block) using a suitably small bit, and then replacing the ptfe tubing which can be readily found online. Does this seem like a reasonable course of action?

-Bushwookie

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I wouldnt recomend using a drill on the hotend. If you have the tube out you can use a small butane torch and melt the stuck plastic out then reassemble season and go back to printing:)

5. Bushwookie

Bushwookie New Member

okay, good to know. Thank you! I'll try that before taking a drill to anything. PTFE tubing i wont even bother undoing. i can get 2 metres of the stuff online for like 7 dollars, so ill just cut some more.

Thank you again for the help!

-Bushwookie

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I keep a ton of the tubing on hand for the various printers, good idea to grab a few spare fans while your buying parts :)

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

A blowtorch will clear it :)
    Just make sure the heater core and thermistor are not included in the parts you are torching.

Geof likes this.
  8. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member