1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Major Problem - Up in the Air

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jogul, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jogul

jogul Member

Have a major problem. I was installing an external smart LCD controller. It worked but I didnt' like it so much so I took it out. But now when I run the printer I am half way up the Z axis for the home position. I even does the auto leveling routine at the midway point of the z axis. What happened and how do I get it back to normal?

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

well...now you have 2 threads going on this issue...which one do you want help in? :)

3. danzca6

Here is my reply from the other thread.

check your z endstops. They might not have the x axis endcaps sitting on them correctly so then the printer thinks you are at the bottom of the printer.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I closed the other one so let's keep it here for the new problem.

5. jogul

jogul Member

Sorry, I am new to this. I thought since this was a new problem I should separate if from the issue of reconnecting the fan. What I think are the z stop switches are all the way up at the top. Is that right?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. jogul

jogul Member

Think I resolved the problem (and I am new to this so might not get the terminology right). The left z axis switch was rotated 90 degrees so the little button on it could not hit anything and therefore staying in the open position. I took the top of the case off and rotated it back to the same orientation as the one on the right and that may have solved the problem. It looks like there is a way to tighten it so it stays put so I will try that next. It must have been loose and when I tipped the Robo over to work on the inside it just flopped over 90 degrees.

7. danzca6

Yep, that can happen. Glad you were able to find the issue.

Here are two pics showing how the z endstop should be position and an example of how it shouldn't be for future reference for those reading this thread.

Right Way:
    right way endstop.jpg

Wrong Way:
    wrong way.jpg

Chuck Erwin and mark tomlinson like this.
  8. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

Ha ha. I just fixed this issue myself after I shimmed up the bed to make it level. It was so out of whack that my left end stop was open causing it to go up and up. I just lowered it til the end stop was closed and everything was right again. Readjusted my z-offset now my printer is back in action.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.