1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

How to replace nozzle?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jay K, Dec 3, 2016.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Wise choice. The hexagon was not designed to b repairable and sometimes that shows.
    CAN it be recovered? Sure, sometimes that works.
    If that were an E3D you could even just buy the heatbreak and fix the one you have, but not with the hex.

Geof and Caleb Cangelosi like this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Im all for an e3d but if you want options the promethius v2 is a nice hotend as well (fits in the stock quick connect)

If you need someone to print you one for the e3d @Printed Solid has an option on the v6 i hear or im sure one of us can to get you going

3. Caleb Cangelosi

Thanks Geof. Are there firmware changes required for the Prometheus also?

Also, is there a disadvantage to it being a one piece nozzle, so that you'd have to replace the whole thing if it gets messed up, or does the one piece design help prevent it from getting messed up/clogged/broken? I'm sure there are different opinions out there, but what is yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Uhm....well i ran pla with an oiler for a few months with zero issues. The firmware does need changed same as the e3d. It is a multipiece hotend but the nozzle/heatbreak is one piece unique vs a seperate nozzle/heatbreak like the e3d has.

My one dislike to it was not having a hardened nozzle option for filled materials and abrasives but there are different size nozzles available and i believe they were working on a nozzle for abrasives. Maybe @RP Iron Man can chime in a bit if he hops on as well.

In my experience (about 15 kg of pla) i had no issues. 2 kg petg, and i think 5 spools of xt and ngen i ran through it. Currently running my e3d on the robo as i had an abrasive job i had to put on multiple printers. :)

Caleb Cangelosi likes this.