1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Up is down and down is down

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Miguel Angel Quintero, Dec 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miguel Angel Quintero

Hi...I'm sure there is an easy explanation for why my z axis is going down when I send it up...I've seen this problem before but I can't remember why it does this...

When I send the z up, say 40mm, in Controls, it starts to go up, then it comes down and then back up...my prints are being affected as a result...

does anyone know why this happens? I thought maybe the thermistor wires are making contact with hot end? but it looks ok.

Thanks in advance...

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The only way that can happen is if the wires for the stepper motor are reversed. Have yoi done anything with the wiring ?

3. Miguel Angel Quintero

I agree...but I haven't touched the wires...I did an arduino reset by pushing the reset button, but now it stops printing at layer 4 or 5 and tells me there is a hardware error and the printer stops. When I go to the options tab and hit to show terminal, the terminal screen is going crazy...

I'm at a loss to what it could be and I've practically rebuilt the whole machine in the past...

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

you need to save the entire terminal log and go back through to find the original hardware error.
    There clearly is something wrong with the hardware, I can't come up with a way the software could make this happen.

Geof likes this.
  5. Miguel Angel Quintero

Thanks guys...looks like it was the pololu boards/switches whatever they're called....I switched it out and that did the trick...thanks again...

mark tomlinson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.