1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

2 Weeks old

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fortune, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortune

Fortune New Member

Was wondering if anyone would have some helpful suggestions or tips to a few problems I have been running into. I received my printer 2 weeks ago and am new to everything about printing. Been reading online and watching youtube videos of what others have done to try to fix problems is the extent of what I know.
    1. Seems like about every 2 prints or so when it tries to level the z axis will go out and the 2 switches on threaded rodes pop out and twist to the side and throws everything off.
    2. Bed addheasion I have been printing between 50 to 60 trying glue stick and hair spray but when I was trying to print something larger it would come loose within an hour. Was thinking it may have been the bed level being off but usure.
    Any suggestions would be great thanks.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You'd probably need to take a video of problem 1. Generally that's a symptom of a connector being loose. The switches work in parallel on a normally open circuit. When a switch comes unseated it creates a closed circuit and the board detects an endstop switch.

If the switch does not detect the closed circuit it will unseat.

Also you can manually tell the bed to move too low and that would cause the nuts to unseat

2) Bed adhesion is first and foremost a function of the first layer height. The hairspray and glue just kinda allow that first layer to grip, but the height of the first layer affects how strong the grip is. Read over this:
    www.printedsolid.com/firstlayer/

3. Fortune

Fortune New Member

I printed a keychain before this which was fair in quality though. Here is a picture of switch after it was moved out of position before a print.

Attached Files:

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.