1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

3 week user, still cant print ANYTHING

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by yinger, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinger

yinger New Member

Need some massive help before I murder my machine! I have contacted robo a few times, i have had more issues than i can count at this point. Here are a few - Random screw in box, not sure were it goes or even if its for the machine - Zip tie covering the fill hole, removed the zip tie, ended up being what kept the harness in place - Broken Power Button! (stuck on on position, which i guess is better than off)

Im very flustered by the Quality Control.

That aside I still want to give it a chance but have absolutely no idea what is going wrong. When I start printing it goes through the leveling, which looks fine but once it starts it moves the left vertical axis all the way down so that the head is resting on the bed. I have had so many jams its not funny. I can figure out if its the printer not working correctly or the software driving it. I need some help or I will have to give up on this machine.

I dont know what you need to see to start helping me but as of right now I have a printer that cant do anything. I have tried to delete all of the config files in the matter control local directly, i have tried other slicers, i have tried re-running the bed leveling in matter control, i have tried it with auto leveling on and off, all instances have failed. Most resulting in a jammed head.... I have used the ENTIRE roll of pla that is included with the printer with ZERO to show. I see so many awesome prints that people have done with this machine so I have to assume 2 things. Either its what im doing, or the machine is a lemon. I would like to rule out me. HELP! (please)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

1) What's the screw look like
    2) The zip tie goes around the screw, if you pull open the filament slot you can move it.
    3) The power button can get stuck as you've found. The solution is to the two screws holding it in and put it back in.

Try disabling G29 in the start-up gcode just to get printing.

How did you manage to go through a whole roll already? Did you just let it run even if it wasn't working?

3. yinger

yinger New Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.

The random screw is a tiny tiny screw, almost likes like a laptop case screw.

I had cut the zip tie off during the unboxing, realized what it was for and have wrapped one around the bottom of the carriage. Seems to be out of the way and not effecting the system

I will try the power button trick.

I have used a full roll of failed prints.... Most of the prints, if it gets past the first 3 layers will go to about 3/4 of an inch each time and then jam the head into the print. This is usually about 4 hrs in so I may not be around it once it jams and it spits about 4 feet of the roll out. I have literally tried over 100 prints, all failures. Support, prior to the disconnection of communication suggested playing with slicer settings, so I did, All of them. lol. Still no luck.

This machine is suppose to have a autolevel bed already in the system and that does not seem to work. It calibrates prior to the start of the print but for some reason the software thinks the machine is unlevel by almost a half inch from side to side. Its either moving the head across the plate and no fill comes out or its way above the plate and it just drizzles...

I am currently working with support and Braydon and may be returning my machine. I plan on ordering another one but feel this one being the newest of thier releases have more issues than it should. It seems they are open to an exchange so instead of tinkering with it for the next month I would feel better trying a different one. I wish the R2 was closer to release and i would just go to a more function machine.

I see you work alot with the community and may still need your assistance but for now Im in limbo until support gets back to me.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I hope they can sort you out. I'm on travel for another week so my availability is limited. Just saw no one had replied so I wanted to help you out if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.