1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered 3D Printer Code: Marlin Babystepping Axis Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by daedalus14850, May 5, 2016.

1. daedalus14850

daedalus14850 New Member

Hello all, novice here, I'd appreciate your help in resolving an issue.

I've set up Marlin Babystepping for my 3d printer and have hooked up a dedicated lcd to it. Currently, when I start the print and move the dial, the extruder only steps up (not down), and only does so when the printer is printing in the negative y direction.

I have played around with making the multiplicator a negative value, but it didn't seem to help. Regardless of whether I turn the dial left or right (i.e. positive or negative), it makes no difference. The extruder only steps up (i.e. moves in +z). Never down (i.e. -z, which is what I primarily want it to do). And, like I said before, it only does this when the printer is moving in the -y direction. +y, +x, and -x do not register/process any input from the dial.

I'm using a modified version of Marlin_RAMPS-Epcos_i38 with Arduino 1.6.7.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

You may be better off asking the FolgerTech people. Anytime there is a fork of the Marlin code it is harder and less interesting to the people that can use straight Marlin code.