1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

3DSolutech PLA - Any experience?

Discussion in 'Filament' started by Ed Ferguson, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Want to try some PLA from 3DSolutech after reading a guy on 3D Hubs rave about it.

They are located 30 miles from me in Seattle, which is a bonus if it works out.

Anyone have experience with 3DSolutech?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I've use them. Its like any other pla :D works fine. It seemed to get "wet" faster than others but thats a non issue for me. Worth a shot if their still under 25.00/spool.

FWIW I run alot of hatchbox, foxsmart, 3dsolutech and polymker its all fine. I've started using economy PLA from essentium materials...that is test materials I have of theirs so cant recommend it yet but its 44/2 kg spool (will by my new go to likely)

GirouxRA likes this.
  3. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Geof - I see Amazon Prime (one day delivery w/ $35 qualifying order) has a good selection of 3dsolutech filament from $18 - $24. I'll try it out. I also have a roll of MakerGeeks silver yet to try. I used Hatchbox on the R1+ and it worked well.

Are you recommending that 3dsolutech be dried before using, or just be sure to not leave it out?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

No just be careful how you store it (dont leave it out, seal it up with desicant) I dont normally with PLA but with 3D Solutech I do

5. Chad Gasaway

Chad Gasaway New Member

I am printing with it as we speak. I have the hot pink for my daughter. So far I have not had much success with it but I think I may have had a partial clog or something.

Also, this filament seems to work better at higher temps. It is rated up to 220. Seems to print well at 205-210.

#5 Chad Gasaway, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I printed it standard temps around 190 for me.