1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved About Crazy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jella_joe, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jella_joe

Jella_joe Member

Ok. I can print some things and others wont. Sometimes I can fix that by changing the quality. It's almost like it is pushing filament too slow. If I click on extruded it does it just fine. When I print some things it just grinds....how is that possible? Someone told me to try using Cura. That did seem to work way better but I got an update in the software and now they don't have an option for ROBO R1s. grrr

#1 Jella_joe, Jul 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If it is PLA then it might need seasoning.
    ->http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...hotend-jam-clogs-seasoning-and-an-oiler.3564/
    The nozzle might be too close to the bed (causing it to back up when laying the first layer)
    ->Adjust the initial Z offset and make it slightly higher. Normally you edit the M565 command in the startup GCode for the slicer:

M565 Z-1.0

is the default. More negative (-1.1 for example) is further from the bed.Less negative (-0.9 for example) is closer to the bed.

3. Jella_joe

Jella_joe Member

I did print an oiler and seasoned the PLA. I am going the check the Z.

4. Jella_joe

Jella_joe Member

Ok that seems to be making a difference. Not holding my breath yet. I want to jump up and down all over the room.. I am trying to contain myself.

Rigmarol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.