1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved After normal auto level, started it's print 1/4" above the bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 3DCrackersNcheeze, Nov 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3DCrackersNcheeze

3DCrackersNcheeze New Member

Printed the 1st 3 objects fine then on the 4th it did it's auto level an when it statred to print it was 1/4"off the hot bed ! and it wont fix itself. I paused and manually brought it down but it takes too many tries to get it right. D i make adjustments in the EEPROM or ???? this is nuts

2. leeboy4130

leeboy4130 New Member

Hey, I had the same problem. After upgrading firmware and software (at the same time so wasn't sure what caused it) my prints started about .25" off the bed. In MatterControl, go to Slice Settings > Printer > General > Z Offset = 0. This worked for me. I was able to print out the calibration block to exact specs for the first time, which I believe is from the new updated steps/mm in newest firmware upgrade (ROBO3DR1V2).

EDIT: I needed to turn off the Autolevel in MatterControl as stated below by Thomas Bowman. I set the Z offset back to 1.

#2 leeboy4130, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

4. Thomas Bowman

Thomas Bowman New Member

What printer model do you have? I am the proud new owner of an R1 model with the sealed bottom and for me disabling the auto level in software did the trick for me. The Robo model I have (R1 with sealed bottom) has hardware leveling built in and when its also turned on it software, it can do exactly what U are seeing. Worth a try I would say. After changing the setting, reboot computer and power off and on printer, then double check auto level is still disabled in software. Good luck and happy printing.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.