1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

After waiting 3 weeks my heatbed replacement arrived...shattered

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mikethinks, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

I swear I just cant believe this. Fedex just dropped off my heatbed and its shattered. The box isnt even marked fragile. Probably didnt help that its been slamming around the country in a truck for a full week according to the ship date.

So how long to get a working unshattered heat bed now...since I keep hearing they are on backorder. Thank goodness I have my substitute bed working, but I really would like to get back to some ABS sometime this year.

broken-1.jpg

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Someone (you or Robo) will need to file a claim through Fedex*.
    Take lots of pictures. Contact Robo (and probably FedEx).

*(assuming it was insured for enough)

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sorry, forgot to add -- that blows chunks. Good luck.

4. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

LOL yea it does, Ive sent a support thingy. I'm just happy my self made replacement bed works with PLA so well (truth be told Im getting better results than with the standard bed :eek: The packing is just not good as it seems like anything heavy placed on top of it will stress the corners...which is exactly what appears to have happened. I'm not mad a Robo, but its just frustrating to get all excited when I open the door and see the Fedex truck pulling away and the box at my door...only to pick it up and wonder what is loose in the box.

If it had to happen to someone, I guess its best it was me since I can still print...but ahhhhhhhhh

2 people like this.