1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Am I the only one??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Reaper96, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Reaper96

Reaper96 New Member

Okay so I got my new R1 Plus + and I keep running into one issue. After I print and am done for the night or want to switch filament I heat the hotend to 210 and attempt to remove the filament yet always run into extreme resistance. The first time I thought I was going to break the printer pulling it out with the hot end heated and the two screws out and extruder cover flipped out of the way for a smooth access. It finally came loose but I was pulling hard. Now on to last night same process except it was pulling out nice then just stopped then the filament broke off??? So I tried un jamming it pushed broken piece down with new piece to extrude and now shes jammed up good. So any direction would be fantastic, because other than this issue the thing has been rock solid! Love the updates on it.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Please provide more details (type of filament). Nearly every filament will pull out heated to about 230°C

3. Reaper96

Reaper96 New Member

Oh man totally forgot to add that, I was using the blue stuff that came with the printer for testing and was swapping it for some ic3d pla to start printing my final models

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

PLA swells when heated, by a significant margin. The Hexagon hotend that Robo uses has the smallest default bore size of all hotends on the market, so if you don't heat it enough it, PLA will be hard to pull out. As I suggested increase temp to about 230°C then attempt to pull it out of the hotend.

5. Reaper96

Reaper96 New Member

Awsome thanks alot!