1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Auto Bed Leveling - half unplugged?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Corbin Major, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Corbin Major

Corbin Major New Member

So I just got my R1Plus, and I love the machine! Its fantastic in every way so far, except one thing which is unexplainable to me so far. So on the Z axis, on the left side there is a switch, where it appears that if the extruder hits the print bed, it activates and tells it to stop so as not to keep putting pressure on the glass. The right side has the same thing, but it is unplugged and therefor doesn't seem to work. I think this is also messing with the auto bed level procedure, as it has trouble detecting when it is touching on the right side. I have some pictures below, could you guys let me know if this should be unplugged, or how I should plug it in (red to which, black to which)?

I appreciate any and all help!
    right_side.JPG left_side.JPG

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, plug it in exactly like the one on the other side. Polarity is not important (it is a switch) but getting it on the correct pins of the switch is so -- just like the other one :)

3. Corbin Major

Corbin Major New Member

OK, thanks for responding so quickly, I really appreciate it! I'll give it a go with hooking up the same pins as on the left side and see how it works from there. Again, thanks for the quick response!