1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bad filament or Clogged nozzle?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Doug1, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug1

Doug1 New Member

I have been trying to print a few parts lately and the nozzle seems to be getting clogged or at least that is the symptom. I notice the layers are coming out "fuzzy" as it seems there may not be enough flow. Occasionally, the flow will stop completely. After I remove the two tension screws and open up the feed chamber, I try to manually push some filament through without any success. I have to pull the filament out, snip off the leading inch or two and stick it back in. After that, I am able to manually push some filament through. This is PLA that I normally print at 190-195. Should I try to up the temp some? Does not really seem like a temp issue because of the manual push test. The temp stays the same when it gets stuck and after I clip off some filament and manual feed the PLA. It will then feed ok for a while then start the "fuzzy" printing again.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Doug1

Doug1 New Member

Thanks Mark. I will try that. I just got in my e3d v6 hotend so I will probably hold off the seasoning until I can get the new hotend installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.