1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Bearing and Rod

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Arbi, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbi

Arbi Member

So my printer was jamming in X axis after lots of research and help from Robo3D Tech and some active users in this forum , i found out the bearings in the X axis some of them was overlapping and jamming. So my question is where can i purchase these bearings and ROD ( since the rod has signs of scratch on them ) . Does anyone knows the specification of these ? I know they can send me for free, but it would take time , i need to go to store and purchase them and fix this ASAP.

This is a brand new printer and its so stupid that for no reason the bearings are dead ! looks like even if i change it after 2-3 weeks i will have to change again . Does anyone have similar issues ? Also when i get the bearings , how do i remove the existing one and insert new ones. Did not sound like it is easy to take them out . Any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Arbi

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

Arbi,

It would be useful to post some pictures of the X axis bearing problem. Because if the bearings are not sitting in the X carriage properly then new bearings may not fix the real problem. The real problem could be the X carriage holes for the bearings are not centered properly?

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Unless you're lucky a store won't sell them locally.

Definitely submit a replacement part request if you haven't to get some coming to you.

Mechanical failures and part defects happen with anything you buy. I've never heard of this happening so unfortunately you just had bad luck on this front.

The rods are M8 - 305mm aka 12in. The bearings are LM8UU linear bearings. 5/16" - 12" rods would also work in a pinch.

You should never need to replace a good bearings.

4. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I had the same happen to me locked up tight, 3 weeks new. Just waiting to hear back when the parts are going to ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.