1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Bed doesn't automatically cool down after print.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by STEM_Steve, Mar 31, 2015.

1. STEM_Steve

STEM_Steve Member

When I print directly from a computer, when the print is completed the both the extruder and the bed both automatically "cool down". When i print from the SD card inserted into a RepRap Graphics LCD controller, upon completion the extruder automatically starts to cool down however the bed maintains the same print temp. Any idea on how to make it so upon completion of print that both automatically cool down?
    Steve

2. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Go to your end Gcode and enter this line at the beggining M140 S0
    The 0 is temperature. So if you want to set it o a different temperature after a print then enter it there for whatever reason.

3. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Also in case the extruder stays on the gcode for it is M104 S0
    Whatever temp you want it to be just enter after the S

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. STEM_Steve

STEM_Steve Member

So now I have to find out how to edit the gcode as I'm assuming I won't have to edit this for each print I save to an SD card from the Matter Control software. Thanks for the response!

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Most slicers have a way to define custom GCode that is added to every generated model. You specify custom starting/ending gcode and it takes care of it. For example - how the firmware bed leveling should be done (adding the commands to the starting GCode).

6. Allen A

Allen A New Member

I only print with MatterControl and the RepRap Graphics LCD controller with a SD card. I have the " M104 S0" gcode in MatterControl, but I have the same issue. After print completes, the extruder cools down but the bed does not. Any Ideas ?

7. David BOles

David BOles Member

Like they said, M140 does bed, M104 does extruder.

Allen A likes this.
  8. Allen A

Allen A New Member

David, Thanks! Hours of reading through posts combined with age gives me a bit of dyslexia sometimes. I saw the M104 but honestly did not see the M140, or my brain just said M104. Either way - Problem solved, Thank You.