1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bed heats up but hot end does not

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Drakeh, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

So my Robo 3D was printing great with PLA so I decided that I would try printing with ABS. I started with the bed at 80 degrees and the hot end at 230 but I was having trouble getting it to stick to the bed so I went online and looked at different bed temps and decided I would try raising the bed to 110 to see what that would do. After I changed the temp the printer will heat up the bed to 110 perfectly fine and then when it goes to heat up the hot end it doesn't heat up. Even if I preheat the hot end using the manual controls when it gets to that point it just starts cooling down. I'm using Simplify3D right now. Any help would be great!

2. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

Okay well it's working now that I turned the printer off for a little bit. Not sure what was causing the problem before.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The R1 firmware has a limit of (I think) 85c on the bed temp.
    Check the latest firmware (configuration.h).

4. Drakeh

Drakeh New Member

You're right about the bed temp limit. I just didn't see the error in the com panel in simplify3d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The comm panel with S3D is under the machine control dialog and then it is a tab in that dialog...
    So yea, it is not out in your face normally :)