1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Bed heats up then it shuts down

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Eduardo E Garcia, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Eduardo E Garcia

Eduardo E Garcia New Member

hello, guys,first of all sorry for my bad English, but here is my issue, the bed would heats up to 40 c and then it stops. I have read something about being a safety shut down but that's it, and that was with the extruder, so I assume the same thing is happening here. I checked the thermistor and its reading ok( I assume) I have checked the resistance of the temperature sensor, it's about 140k ohms, which I read somewhere it should be reading around 100k ohms. So I think the temperature sensor is ok. For the bed resistance should be reading around 14 ohms, which is getting around 13.5-14.8 which I also assume is ok. I have checked the voltage and as it's heating up I'm getting 13. 5 volts( I thought it should be around 12) but anyways a soon as it gets to 40 c it stops heating. What else should i check

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Are there any errors or warnings in the GCode console?

3. Eduardo E Garcia

Eduardo E Garcia New Member

It just say something like this
    "-> M105
    <- T:23.0 /0.0 B:25.6TO:23.1/ 0.0 @:0 B@:127"

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Look through the entire log for any errors or warnings.
    Save it out to disk and read it with an editor.

5. greif07

greif07 New Member

What version of the printer do you have? Is the power and thermistor cable flat and feeding out the back or is there a molex-style connector hot glued under the front with round cable running through the middle plate?