1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Bed leveling problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zolagg, Sep 6, 2016.

1. zolagg

zolagg New Member

Ok I have a new problem with the bed leveling on my robo 3d r1 plus. I noticed lately that some of my larger prints or when I place multiple prints on the bed at the same time some are more pushed into the bed than others are. I started paying attention to the start up bed leveling sequence which on my machine starts in the center and probes six points ( left,center, and right ).
    So when the hot end hits the center and right side spots on the bed both sensors open but when the hot end probes the left side only the left sensor opens and the right one stays closed. This is the side with the motor attached. I never payed attention to know if this always happened or if this is something new. Was wondering if anyone has had this same problem. Also I hope I explained everything correctly as I'm still very new to 3d printing. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Yes both of mine have this issue too.

The only way i have made it better is to home the printer with G28 command.

Then i turn off the motors and move the print head to the far left of the machine.

Then I turn the printer off ( so i can hear the switches )and hold one Z screw and turn the other one by hand to hear the sensor click. repeat for the other side.

This kinda skews the rods from actually being level, but the sensors trigger for me more or less at the same time this way.

I don't know any other way to fix it the problem is the right side of the carriage weighs a lot more than the left because of the motor.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Manual bed leveling is the only other way to help this.