1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved bed leveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eric tobin, Oct 27, 2018.

1. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

I have a r1+. using simplify software. replaced one z axis stepper motors. now I cannot get z to home or x to home. I changed nothing on the x axis. when I use the home all, y goes home, x either does not move or will move to the right z rises. all three axis move correctly when manually moved. tried manual level with paper. still didn't work. if I hit print, it does not do the 9 point level check. the head moves to back right with the z up 75 - 100 mm high. when it starts to print x and y move, y is still way up but it moves honest all I did was replace one stepper motor

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You have at least one or both Z home switches stuck or out of position if the Z will not go down.
    There are a lot of posts on here about this :)
    Check them out and see if one is out of position or if you have a wire disconnected from one.
    Turning the machine upside down to work on it will cause problems like this if you are not careful (they will need to be reseated).

3. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

thank you. I rewatched the video on leveling and figured it out shortly after posting, I appreciate your help always

mark tomlinson likes this.