1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Bed not heating up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by milks, Feb 25, 2015.

1. milks

milks Member

Hey

so my bed has stopped heating up; seems to be a fairly common issue. During the last couple of prints I noticed the thermistor was intermittently reporting a temperature of zero. It would only do this during the print. If the bed was on but was stationary it would give a steady reading - indicating a loose connection I thought.

Just now however it was warming up nicely but has now dropped out altogether. I've had a look at the connectors both on the bed and where I think the thermistor plugs into the arduino but they seem sound. I have a multimeter though it doesn't mean I know how to use it :) can someone tell me what kind of readings I should take and where? Off the top of my head I guess I should test the resistance across the thermistor and various points of the wiring loom to ensure there are no breaks in the circuit but beyond that I'm a bit lost.

Thanks! :cool:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You should measure the resistance across the bed wires and the thermistor wires.

The bed should be ~1.4ohms, give or take.

The therrmistor should be ~100kOhms, give or take.

3. milks

milks Member

Thanks, just to be awkward it's just started working again. I'll take the reading when it next cuts out