1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Bed not homing correctly in Y

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Paul Vladuchick, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Paul Vladuchick

Hi guys! I'm back. New day, new problem.

After a short hiatus, I'm back to printing.
    Here's the problem. The bed is not homing to center. The bridge stage (X?) to the center of the bed, the Z homes correctly, but the Y goes to the very edge and stops. It them tries to print on the edge of the bed unsuccessfully.

I have verified that settings within Slic3r are correct as well as the settings in MatterControl.

I have checked to see if everything appears to be normal under the bed (best I could tell). I can move the bed in Y both manually and through the software.

Attached is a photo of where the printer is trying to print.

Thanks in advance! You guys rock.

Attached Files:

2. Paul Vladuchick

Ok. A bit more info:

Just updated to the newest Matter Control (Version 1.2.3) prior to printing anything and discovering this issue.
    Also: I manually centered the bed and sent a M119 command.

X is open
    Y is triggered
    Z is open.

This makes me think that the limit switch is goofy.
    I'll see if a cable or something is loose or whatever.

paul

p.s. I moved the bed a few times back and forth and tried sending the M119 again. Everything came back open this time. Maybe it was just stuck? Trying to print now...

p.p.s yup. it was stuck. tried it again and it's working fine. THAT WAS BIZARRE.

#2 Paul Vladuchick, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  3. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

If you have a non-ribbon cable printer the wire probably got in the way of the y switch. You can print a cable chain out of ABS or PETG to make it behave better.

mark tomlinson likes this.