1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered bed size/ calibration issue?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Avetter90, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Avetter90

Avetter90 New Member

Hello All,

I received my Robo3D about a week and half ago and everything was working perfectly until I noticed tonight that the auto calibration was moving outside of the white outlined box. The first 6 auto levels are within the white box, but the final 3 are outside it by almost an inch. I haven't changed ANY settings in matter control, I use CURA to model alot of objects and add more to a print or rearrange, etc. I had put in the appropriate settings from matter control into there. I am kind of confused as a larger print i was doing was going outside of the white outline, which too me seems like a big no no. What could my issue be? I haven't played with any settings, I am just happy to have such a cool machine work as great as it did. Its not that it doesn't print, but to seems like its off in terms of knowing where/how big the bed is. I can provide pictures if need me.

cool forum, I didn't realize how big and tight knit of a community there is for this machine. Its neat, I really like it

Thanks in advance for all your of your help, this has me stumped

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The white outline really is not meaningful. It is more of a decoration than anything useful.

3. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

True dat. Get a lot of people remarking on the white box. The only important part is... well.. printing on the glass, and hopefully, the heat bed underneath is centered. The bed does not move symmetrically within the... (what type of polyhedron is the robo? wedge?) rectangle. It moves about 30mm further -y than +y (relative to the center of the machine.)

#3 Ben R, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good point. If you really want to know drive the bed to extremes (+y/-y, +x, -x) and draw your own outline on the bed with a sharpie.
    Still (as noted by @defendermd) mark where the heated bed is at as well... it will likely not cover the entire printable area equally.
    The good news if that the bed will distribute the heat fairly evenly and not everything needs a heated bed.

5. Avetter90

Avetter90 New Member

awesome, thanks for all your responses. It puts me at rest. Sorry for the last response. I wish I had more time to really play around with it!

Cheers! :)

6. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

you're welcome.. please mark the thread "solved" if it is.