1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Bed wont heat up...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AKin3d, May 21, 2017.

1. AKin3d

AKin3d New Member

I recently installed a Discount Smart Controller LCD to my Robo 3d R1 plus. I had a lot of difficulty in the process. I eventually bought a new Arduino and new Ramps 1.4 for the printer. I downloaded the latest versions of Marlin and U8glib and pasted them into the Arduino folder. But, the only way I could get the firmware to flash to my Arduino was by going into the SDbasefile.h & SDbasefile.cpp and changing all the fPos_t* to FatPos_t*

Now my LCD is working like a champ, as well as my printer, except I cant get the bed to preheat higher than the startup temp of 18-20 degrees. Any clues as to what I missed in the firmware would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Unlikely to be firmware related. More likely RAMPS is not supplying the power to heat the bed (read the bed heater power output jack with a meter and see if 12v is getting sent when you tell it to heat the bed)

3. AKin3d

AKin3d New Member

You were correct, not firmware issue. More like I'm an idiot and the connections were loose. I just purchased a SSR so after I install that I hope to have no more issues with loose connections.

Thanks for all the help Mark!

mark tomlinson likes this.