1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Best printing settings?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by crazas, Jul 20, 2015.

1. crazas

crazas Member

at this moment my printer hs decided to turn itself off from time to time. I am traveling away from home so, since I can not fix it now; I decided to start reading about how to improve my prints.
    I'm using PLA with Simpify3D.
    Any advise about the temperature, infill, speed and any other configurable parameter?

P.S. I just got 3 Kg of Radio Shack PLA, how good (or bad) is this stuff?

2. jtn7040

jtn7040 Active Member

Radio shack brand pla? I was under the impression that business closed?

However keep your PLA in dedicated areas when not in use. Dial in your temperatures for each spool and calibrate your extrusion steps per mm. Those should help your print quality.

And your printer turning off randomly? Is it only during long prints or just strait up whenever?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

3. crazas

crazas Member

Sometimes just after the bed and extruder are heated, sometimes a short time after the print starts. (Fans are working)
    And yes, I was also under the impression that RS went out of bussiness but at this moment I am in New Orleans and there is a store like 5 blocks away from my hotel 1Kg for 17.99 looked like a good deal to me
    [​IMG]

4. jtn7040

jtn7040 Active Member

Hmmm. When you say turn off does it stop printing but leave everything on? Or does it completely shut down all lights and fans turn off?

And wow... I'm very confused how they made that and are open lol.... In dfw every radio shack that I know of is already closed

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Some Radio Shacks were privately owned stores, those did not close.

6. crazas

crazas Member

Full shut down.