1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Beta to R1 z limit switch wiring

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by frank r, Aug 13, 2015.

1. frank r

frank r New Member

How are the Z limit switches wired on the R1? I have a Beta, a lead screw upgrade, and have already performed the y axis upgrade. I'm hoping to be able to sit down this weekend and spend some time getting the chain cable guide installed, as well as my lead screw upgrade. I have the required switches to convert the z limit switches to match the R1, but can't seem to find any writeup on the wiring changes.

Thanks!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Ah ... I asked this question as well :)

"The two Robo autolevel switches on the Z axis... are they in parallel or series?
    Are they NO or NC? (I figured same as original and I could just check that one, but thought I'd ask)

They do still connect exactly where the old beta Z axis switch landed on the RAMPS do they not?

I am going to go ahead and wire these up the way they do for the R1 and just try the R1 firmware (with minor CONFIGURATION.H tweaks). I'll have to futz around discovering the Z offset, but that is pretty straight forward."

Mike answered me:

"The stock wiring is the switches are in parallel.

The Switches are wired to the NC pin creating a normally open circuit as the switches are always engaged. The home looks for a closed circuit.

They land on exactly the same pin as before. No change."

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I figure this mod will let us just use the R1 firmware as well.

It will effectively be an R1 with no bottom plate (more so since I already did the BED upgrade as well)