1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Big Prints & Build Platform

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by D3DStudios, Jul 29, 2015.

1. D3DStudios

D3DStudios Member

Hello Y'all, I am Derek Robinson, and I just purchased my first Robo3D Printer.

I got a few questions about it.

1:)When you load a model in Cura when I will be using how do you know how big it will be when the actual print comes out?

2:)I am going to do a few test prints first before I go diving into big printing with the R1, My question is this on the build platform in the program I.E cura is what 1 square equals 1 inch? I like to do a 1/10th scale r/c car body

Thank you

Derek

D3D Studios

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

this is for 15.04, not sure if it changed in 15.06 but:

1) If you click on the object and the scale button it will tell you the X Y and Z dimensions. You can also load the model in Netfabb to see the dimensions

[​IMG]

2) I'm not sure what the blocks signify but most certainly not inches as Ultimaker and Cura are developed in the Netherlands. We're one of 3 countries still foolish enough to use inches :)

3. D3DStudios

D3DStudios Member

Thank you man, That helps me quite a bit.

1 more question and I should be good to rock and roll.

Ok how do you determine the size of a 1/10th scale item? say and Radio control car bod for example?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Well if a car is 5m in length, 1/10 of that is .5m or 500mm