1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

brand new robo 3d printer and first attempt to print it gets clogged

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Omegagundam, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

Hello all please forgive my ignorance.
    I have just bought a printer and had finally set it up.
    i wanted to do my first test print using the blue PLA it came with.
    I decided to print the bracelet that was preloaded in the program.
    I made sure it was all at the proper setting for the pla temp.
    Well in the middle of printing after a while i decided to look over to see how it was going.
    I say about half way thru the printing the pla wasnt coming out and the machine was still doing the motions
    i cancelled the print job tried to remove the plastic and i snapped it off leaving a piece inside that i can see down the hole looking down from the top that i cant move or force down. I even tried to push a thin metal wire up thru the print nozzle to try and force it back up but the wire only went up like 1/2 inch. I also noticed on the opposite side of where the 2 bolts go to hold the nozzle there what looks to be little bit of plastic coming out of the holes. its black in color so im not sure if thats normal or if the blue pla burned and turned black.
    any suggestion would b great or ideas what i can do.
    thank you all for your time

X Raul

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Scrape all excess plastic. Then using the supplied 4.5mm wrench, grip the heat break on top of the block, and then using another wrench tighten down the nozzle while the printer is hot.

Then can you take a picture?

3. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

Hello Mike i was able to get it fixed. I had to remove the nozzle because the plastic was well placed in it along with a small chunk stuck in the housing above the nozzle. now my problem is when i go to print the nozzle does not go all the way down to the bed it stays like 1/8 inch above the bed but good news is the pla plastic comes out fine. I recalibrated the print leveling many times... got some saving file error.. uninstalled and reinstalled the MC program then did the recalibration with the paper again and its still printing too high. am i missing something?
    I am not sure why my recalibration isnt working properly. any suggest you have ?

4. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

I am not sure if this helps but i took some crappy pictures of the arms as it was just sitting there

and here is a crappy video of what i am talking about how the nozzle don't go all the way down after i calibrated it numerous times

5. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

oh haha forgot the pictures here they are PICT0676.JPG PICT0677.JPG PICT0678.JPG PICT0679.JPG

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yup, your axis is not level. Here's what I want you to do. Tell it to home Zo in x0 and y0 position.

When it homes, tell Z axis to raise .1mm increments until you can slip a piece of paper under it.

Then in matter control click the Unlock button to disable the stepper motors.

Manually slide the extruder carriage to x max. Then while holding the left z screw twist the right Z screw until you're about a papers width away from the build plate.

Then slide the carriage back to X0 and repeat the paper calibration. Do this until you can slide the carriage back and forth without a change in height.

7. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

kewl thank you.... i almost have it but now its low to where its not having any plastic coming out. Which direction do i need to turn the screws clockwise or counterclockwise? I will try again in the morning its getting late and i needs to sleep. ill let u know when i have it right

8. Omegagundam

Omegagundam Member

Whew after hours of tweaking i finally got it! Thank you Mike it worked! right now im printing the right bracket that will hold the long screws still.
    I will print the left one next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.