1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Bristles?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by raymond camp, Mar 1, 2015.

1. raymond camp

raymond camp New Member

So hi everyone. I am new both to the forum and to 3D printing, so my grasp of the terminology is still growing. I am printing the spool brackets from thingiverse and I have to say thing go perfect up to a point. It puts down the first layer great, everything sticks great, it does in part where it prints the fill (I think thats what it's called, the hollow checkerboard pattern on the inside of the print). Anyway when it starts to print on top of the fill to put on the "top" layer, so to speak, I start getting these little pieces sticking up. It doesn't happen anywhere else in the print just on this one layer. when it prints over this layer it is smooth and kind on mashes the little pieces down, but you can still see it after the print is finished. I guess I shouldn't complain too much because everything else is going perfect. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It has to do with the filament breaking as it does the solid layers. You can hide this with more top fill layers. The real solution is using different and better filament.

3. raymond camp

raymond camp New Member

Ok. So this is kind of expected since I am using the sample filament that came with the printer. Other that that issue this printer rocks!