1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Broken Wires

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by qntmech, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qntmech

qntmech New Member

Hello,

I just received my Robo3D printer today and successfully calibrated the printer. I then tried to print a circle and it seems that the printer wasn't moving smoothly (seems like the motors will make a loud humming noise when the end of the range of motion was met and the printer bed would drop rather violently). My first print was a mess, plastic was being extruded but it wasn't coming out evenly or not at all in some places. After canceling my print, I tried to move the printer through its range of motion via the Matter Control software. I could move the bed in the x,y, and z direction but when I tried to move the motor that controls the extruder, the motors wouldn't move. When I took a closer look at the machine, I notice that two wires had come off. I believe that this comes off of the end stop switches. Please refer to the picture to see what I mean. Is this something I can fix by myself?

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You can fix it yourself if you have basic soldering or crimping skills.

Otherwise submit a replacement part request for z axis endstops.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.