1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved broken z axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bryson bishop, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

okay guys i have a serious problem with my printer. So i was printing something and my filament just decides that it wants to conveniently wants to fall from the top of the printer and in doing so it manages to lift the entire x carriage up and break the z axis riser (pictured below). i currently have an appointment set up for tomorrow night with jerry and was mainly wanting to know if i needed to continue with the appointment with him or if i would just be wasting his time. Could someone please direct me in the actions i need to take or who i need to contact to get a replacement part. Any help is much appreciated!

IMG_1302.JPG IMG_1303.JPG

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Wow that sucks. I'm not fully understanding what caused this but that's certainly the first I've seen it.

Here's the replacement part request: http://www.robo3dprinter.com/pages/replacement-part-request

From your description it sounded like you're saying that the filament got snagged and the extruder itself climbed up? What caused it to break do you think?

3. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

I think what happened was the filament was snagged and the extruder pulled the whole roll of filament off of the stand above the printer I had causing the filament to fall onto the floor and jerking the x carriage to the top of the printer. Since the filament weighs more than the carriage, I believe the impact of the carriage hitting the top of the printer caused it to crack. Also what would you call this? z-axis riser?

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. bryson bishop

bryson bishop Member

Okay thanks man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.