1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

c2 white screen bypass?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kevin2020, Jan 31, 2020.

1. kevin2020

kevin2020 New Member

Hello I have a c2 printer that when turned on the screen goes white then has no change after that. Seems like everything else is starting but just seems like screen is out. Tried the support unplugging and plugging connectors back in. Didn't work. Today I noticed what looked like HDMI plug in the back of the printer. Then had the question is there a way to bypass the screen if hooked to a computer? or even thru the USB port thru the front to a phone? Has anyone tried or done this yet? I've been trying to sell the printer but with no offers due to screen not working I need to find a way around the screen. Any info will help thanks in advanced.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Either the SD card that runs the Pi and LCD software is defective (reburn the image onto a new SD card and load the new one) or the LCD has gone bad. The FAQ has you covered.

If OctoPi is still working then the SD card is not generally bad, but the LCD menu software could be corrupted.

Honestly I'd swap the LCD first (cheap enough).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member