1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Calibration help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by The1upLoop, May 19, 2015.

1. The1upLoop

The1upLoop New Member

I've noticed recently that my prints are starting to have layers that are just barely offset. Not anything catastrophic, but enough to be aesthetically displeasing at best, and make moving parts non-functional at the worst.

I printed up a calibration test so I can have a visual to work with, but I am assuming that the issue is something to do with the Y-axis. Oddly, I just added some tension to the X-axis which helped a little, but I know the Y belt cant be tensioned, and the only visual guide I have is for Ultimaker so I'm not quite sure where the motor is for the Y.

What do I do here? And if it is tightening that little hex, is it on the bottom of the printer? Thanks in advance! front.jpg x.jpg y.jpg

Also, I'll post settings if necessary, but frankly I'm not sure what settings I'd need to post.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There are a lot of threads on this.
    Something in the driver train for whichever Axis you have shifting is loose (X or Y).

Check the belt tensions, check the drive cogs/pulleys setscrews (this is the most common one).
    (both the X and Y belts have tension adjustments on the Robo, X is obvious, the Y is under the bed--look for tension adjustment screws on the end of the bed platter).