1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Can not print from SD from multiple sources

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Invertmast, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

So I finally got around to getting the full graphic display installed and working on my printer. Everything works great except that I can not get it to print from the SD card at all. I'll select the file I want to print, and then on the home screen it shows the file name I selected, but does nothing. If i go to the info screens it gives me the option of pausing or cancelling the print. Again, nothing happens, the gantry doesn't move, the extruder/bed temps still show Room temp and commanded temp's of Zero.

Also when i try and print from the SD using Simplify3D, I'll select the file and again, nothing happens.

I'm a bit perplexed about the whole situation.

One issue I know i have is the 5v regulator on the Arduino is fried, so if i disconnect USB power, the LCD shuts down, it has been like this since day one of installing the LCD, and i've just been leaving the printer hooked up to USB for power until i can find the correct 5v regulator to replace on the LCD.

Any suggestions? Its a micro SD card in an "adapter" to full size as they didn't have any fullsize SD cards and i couldn't find the one i already had.

Thanks,
    Thomas

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That won't (or shouldn't) matter. I use one of those myself.

Try another SD card would be my first suggestion.
    You are uploading the GCode to the SD card, correct? Not the STL?

3. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

Yes, i'm using S3D to load the Gcode directly to the SD while the SD is in the computer, then transferring the SD to the printer

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That absolutely should work and is how I use it. (just use an 8.3 filename)
    Try another SD card or reformat that one and try it again.