1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Can't figure this out

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by KTMDirtFace, May 25, 2015.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Printing with ABS
    230 nozzle 80 bed on buildTak.

I have printed quite a few things with Orange ABS no problem. this black ABS I have keeps doing this..not sure if the black ABS has anything to do with it or if something else has happend..guess I should retry with the orange again.
    [​IMG]

Its not jammed. if I pause the print and extrude it comes right out.. Don't get whats happening. The first layer or two work fine then it goes to hell.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Is it not adhering? I can't quite make out the details.
    If is is not sticking the layers together you probably need to go a little bit hotter, but without modification of the firmware I *think* 245 might be the limit.

3. KTMDirtFace

it just sort of stops printing and feeding..but its not jammed.. first two or three layers i have setup as solid when it gets to the infill layers it just kinda stops printing.

I'm trying 240 now. fingers crossed.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Good luck.
    W/ABS you are sort of at the mercy of the filament (assuming it is not an extruder problem).
    Go hotter. I was printing ABS anywhere from 245-265 and I had movement at about 50% (so hotter and slower).

The down-side to that approach is that it tends to make the warping more of an issue (more heat to manage).

KTMDirtFace likes this.
  5. KTMDirtFace

Its working at 240 no problem. Weird because my Orange ABS and Black ABS are from the same company ( From my Leapfrog Creatr printer ). Weird that the black needs to be hotter.. anyway works now. Havn't had much warping issues with the BuildTak stuff on the bed...that stuff has been awesome. although if I print PLA on it it is IMPOSSIBLE to get off. lol..were talking having to pull the bed off and get a chizel started and slam the chizel into the desk over and over. I'm still just playing around with ABS because I have never been able to make it work but its working pretty good for me now.

[​IMG]

mark tomlinson likes this.