1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Cant print from Matter Control

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Luis Alberto, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Luis Alberto

Luis Alberto Member

Greetings.Ive had some troubles printing from Matter Control environment, after printing the first layers filament stops flowing, the extruder clogs, have to disassemble to unclog and appears an error message "Error: Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. >>>>(Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)".

Then I proceed to do a printjob but now from the SD card and had no trouble, ends all the process. So far, all printjobs are acceptable using this method. Do you think reinstallig Matter Control will solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I've had many issues using Matter Control myself. But I've been running it on older laptops so my main laptop wouldn't be tied up.

My issues were jobs that stopped mysteriously and I found either the program (MC) locked up or closed or the Laptop (both Windows 7 and Linux Mint) just failed and rebooted.

I blame my hardware more than MC but I have moved on the CURA (the older version 15.04.6) and am using a more stable laptop running a leaner version of Linux (Peppermint) and have been very happy for a couple of weeks now.

You may want to reinstall MC and I would suggest deleting the folder it stores it's data and config in so you get a true clean reinstall.

Good luck.

Luis Alberto likes this.
  3. Luis Alberto

Luis Alberto Member

Thanks man. Im gonna try with that.

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Nope. The biggest problem with running a tethered printer via USB is that PCs love to randomly cut power to USB accessories or shut down for updates (and MatterControl itself loves to crash if left running for a long period of time).

That's why so many people have modded their Robo to have an LCD controller or have set up an Octoprint/Raspberry Pi to run the Robo (dedicated 3d printer Linux OS).

Luis Alberto likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Even if you are fortunate enough to not lose power, it is a serial com channel and sometimes... packets go astray

Luis Alberto likes this.
  6. Luis Alberto

Luis Alberto Member

But several prints were maid via usb with good results so its kinda weird. So, What do you recommend?

7. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Luis Alberto and mark tomlinson like this.