1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Can't Print the Moving Parts for Fully assembled 3D printable wrench

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Paul Pruitt, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Paul Pruitt

Paul Pruitt New Member

I'm trying to print the new popular working wrench in http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:139268. I was able to get it to print out but the moving parts don't print out, just the wrench handle and the "support" on the right. What am I doing wrong? The printer doesn't even attempt to print the gear or the moving "jaw" part.

When I place the object in Repetier Host the parts that show up in pink, do not print. How do I tell the slicer to print out everything at the same time?

2. polylac

polylac New Member

which version did you take?

try the one with bigger gaps, i took a quick look at it in slicer, the one whith bigger gaps had no pink parts or so...

but if it will work...

3. Paul Pruitt

Paul Pruitt New Member

OK great. There are no pink parts with bigger gap file for me too.

4. Paul Pruitt

Paul Pruitt New Member

Thanks so much for the tip about the greater gap files. Just so you know, I'm completely new to 3D printing. I have started printing this one and the previous one about 50 times, no exaggeration, and it's failed 49 times. The one successful one was on the wrench without the moving parts.

The problem is the machine nozzle keeps digging up the small part on the head of the wrench after it has laid them down. If you have the time, can you suggest settings to avoid this? I have tried a thousand different heights (exaggerating now :) and started experimenting with some other setting such as speed and retraction, trying to follow some advice in the forums. I have tried both one piece of paper high and one business card high as explained in getting started video. I'm now priting on one solid pieve of blue tape 10" X 7.5" available here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BGBDJUK/. Generally the skirt sticks fine. I do move the object around and reslice to make sure I get a fresh piece of tape to print on...

I have been successful with easy stuff like Mr. Shark and the calibration cube.

Please see the attached setting on a recent foray. Thanks so much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. polylac

polylac New Member

Hi

I'm not 100% sure if I got your problem right.

Do the part not stick enough to the bed? (then maybe some forced support can help, you can say it has to have support even it isn't needet, then it makes some extra layers on the ground, you can see them in slicer)

Or ar they just hanging on the nozzle? (then maybe the temperature is to low, so the nozzle pulles on the part with the outcoming string, maybe, i got the idea from the link below)

http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/ind...ament-creates-stringing-issues.964/#post-5230 (one here had a problem whith bad layers caused by a to deep temperatue, the layers where pulled away)

But to be honest I'm just guessing...