1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Change Auto-leveling points after adding Buildtak?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by David Hogg, Dec 4, 2016.

1. David Hogg

David Hogg New Member

I have added the BuildTak FlexPlate on my Robo 3D bed because of issues with small prints being hard to remove off the bed. Now, my auto-leveling is done with 5 of the 9 auto-leveling off the plate, and 4 on.

I have tried to adjust the bed size to 200mmx200mm (size of the plate) in Mattercontrol, but the G29 command still uses the older 9 points. Is it possible to adjust these points? If not, an suggestions of how to level the bed? Even removing G29 and invoking a 3 point manual leveling procedure (software calibration in Mattercontrol) seems to automatically choose 3 points with 2 being off the plate and one on. Thanks for any pointers.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Changing the size of the bed will likely not help since the HOME position is the only position any axis knows explicitly and that is where the bed size origin is (not centered). So unless you put the BuildTak starting at HOME (which would be uncentered) then just changing the bed size will not work with the MatterControl 3 point leveling.

The 9 points are called out in the firmware based on the defined bed size so you would need to modify the firmware for the 9 points to change.

I assume you centered the buildtak rather than started it at X=0, Y=0 (which is one of the corners).