1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Contest from E3D

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Printed Solid, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I got this email today. I know a lot of you in the forum have come up with some good ideas, so maybe you can win some cash :)

We have decided to create a forum to act as a knowledge base comprising of guides, tips, tricks and all other things E3D. Hopefully over time it will become a discussion centre for all our products. We get a lot of thoroughfare on our site and it is our hope that we can generate lots of healthy discussions.
    You can find the forum at: http://forum.e3d-online.com/
    The forum is just starting out and we are looking to crowd-source some of the awesome guides and tutorials that many of you have written. Between you all, there is a fair bit of E3D experience! :)
    By way of some encouragement we are running a competition for the best 10 posts made before Midnight (GMT) on the 31st March. The rewards for the best posts as follows:
    Winner
    £75 Store Credit
    2nd Place
    £50 Store Credit
    3rd Place
    £30 Store Credit
    4th - 10th Place
    £20 Store Credit
    The posts can be on anything, however we are particularly looking for:
    • Assembly guides - printer specific or not
    • Reports of prints in interesting materials - very high temperatures?
    • Troubleshooting guides
    • Hacks & Mods
    • Printed Add-Ons - Carriages, mounts, ducts, etc..
    • Kraken-related experiences
    • Engineering Drawings
    • Cool photos of the HotEnd, etc...

For many of you, this could be as simple as re-posting one of your existing guides here. We're looking to create a centralised knowledge-base pertaining to all things E3D.
    We will judge the posts based on a number of things including their quality, originality, usefulness and level of entertainment.
    The thread for the competition can be found here: http://forum.e3d-online.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5&p=5
    Even if you aren't interested in competing, come on and say hi. :)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I know what I'll be submitting :)