1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Cura 15.04 Speed Settings

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Woodrow Collins, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Woodrow Collins

Woodrow Collins New Member

First off.... I want to say you guys are awesome with all your guides. I originally purchased my Robo 3D to plug and print and have decided to dig a bit deeper. Recently I installed Cura and thanks to one of the articles around here I have been able to configure it (for the most part) but still had a question.

Can any one tell me what a good default set of speed settings for Cura would be for the Robo 3D R1 +PLUS?

I started to try and look at various settings in matter control and link them to cura settings and some lined up but others didnt really. The current speed settings I have are:

upload_2015-10-20_18-30-53.png

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, the printer can certainly print a LOT faster than that.
    I'll let someone who prints with Cura make some suggestions.

3. Woodrow Collins

Woodrow Collins New Member

I figured it probably could but am unsure of the tolerances of the printer (and thus why I am asking).
    The idea of having a slower first layer seems like a good idea. But so far things are pretty darn slow :)

4. stahlee

stahlee New Member

Yes, considerably faster than you have listed. You should experiment with different speeds to learn the quality of print as you go higher. Here are some speeds to work for. I can go much higher than these, but these are reasonable as you start tuning the software.