1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cura 2 R1+ Setup?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tehbatman, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Tehbatman

Tehbatman New Member

Does anyone know how/have a guide to setting up an R1+ with Cura 2? I don't see a preset, and I can't find the settings for dimension, and g-code.

2. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

There is no longer a preset, you need to select "Other"

Check the Robo forum here:
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/cura-2-1-beta.8319/

You could also start with this for the Robo R1+. Even though it's for Cura ver 15.04, you should be able to enter the same settings into a newer version.
    http://fatdragongames.proboards.com/thread/3567/robo-plus-cura-settings-updated

I tried Cura ver 2.3 and did not like it, so I'm using ver 15.04.6 with the Robo R1+.
    Because I'm using Marlin 1.1.0-RC firmware (highly recommended as the MESH bed leveling gives me a perfect first layer every time), I had to change one line in the Cura start GCode because Z-offset is no longer set using M565. MESH bed leveling fixes such a fundamental flaw that, in my opinion, any tweaking of the slicer settings is not going to give optimum results without this new firmware.

If you want to update your Marlin firmware first at the link below, I'd be happy to share my Cura 15.04 settings.
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...rcbugfix-post-rc7-for-r1-r1-plus.5806/page-43

Tehbatman likes this.
  3. Tehbatman

Tehbatman New Member

Im working on upgrading the firmware now, would love if you could post your settings.

4. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Here you go.

These are my settings for Cura 15.04.6 with stock Robo R1+ , LCD, and Marlin 1.1.0-RC firmware (November 2016) to enable MESH bed leveling.

I'm happy with these settings and I'm getting consistent results. I print with PLA filament only.

Notes:
    1. Layer height is 0.1 (Fine) Set to 0.2 for Normal.
    2. I like to use a Brim for part adhesion. However, the Brim setting in Cura also creates a brim around interior openings which make it harder to clean the part after removal. So, to get an outside brim only you have to trick Cura into building a skirt that mimics a brim. To do so, click on the ... next to None (where I've placed the red arrow below) and add the three setting in the Expert config box.
    3. I like to verify the extruder is working and wipe the nozzle clean before starting the print. I set up the Start Code to raise the extruder, extrude some filament, beep, and wait 6 seconds for you to wipe the nozzle. Then we home again and start printing.
    4. If you experience bed adhesion issues, you can experiment with the Initial Layer Line Width under the Advanced Tab. Note that I've left the G29 in the Start Code at zero. You really shouldn't have to change it.
    5. Be sure to save your Configuration Settings. Make a backup of your Configuration (.ini) file so in case you experiment with any settings you can always revert back.

Machine Settings.jpg

Basic.jpg

Advanced.jpg

Expert.jpg

Start GCode:
    G21
    G90 ;use absolute positioning
    M82 ;set extruder to absolute mode
    M107 ;start with fans off
    M117 Heating ... ;message for LCD screen
    M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;wait for bed to reach target temperature
    M109 S{print_temperature} ;wait for nozzle to reach target temperature
    G29 S4 Z-0.0 ;More positive values move nozzle higher off bed.
    G28 ;home all axis
    G92 E0 ;zero the extruder
    G1 Z76 F5000 ;raise head 3 inches to access nozzle for wiping
    G1 F200 E20 ;extrude 20mm of filament at feedrate of 200 per minute
    M400 ;wait for current moves to finish
    M300 S300 P700 ;beep to alert that nozzle needs wiping
    M117 Wipe Nozzle. ;message for LCD screen
    G4 P6000 ;wait 6 seconds to permit wiping off nozzle
    G92 E0 ;zero the extruder again
    M117 Homing. ;message for LCD screen
    G28 ;home all axis again
    M117 Eds Model Printing. ;message for LCD screen