1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Curious Nozzle question.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TerryAns, Oct 31, 2016.

1. TerryAns

TerryAns New Member

I'm thinking i got into a bad batch of nozzles. I figured it was time to change the nozzle and purchased these
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017OMRP5Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    my issue is that after i put in filament and manually extrude the printer stops extruding the filament continues. eventually it will quit but when i start printing there is a large over extrusion. enough that the filament is collecting on the nozzle. When i stop it and raise the head i end up with a little pile of filament on the print. The machine has stopped extruding. I put the old nozzle back and the issue stops and the printer prints fine.

The reason i am changing is that this is the original nozzle i got with the printer in May and i heard it was best to change nozzles every now and then. Thinking this was just defective nozzles i bought some through printedsolid.com. While they are on the way i am Leary that this is just a trait with the nozzles. has anyone had this experience?

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Reading the reviews, those knock off nozzles look to have issues with oozing and the holes being off center. The ones you will get from @Printed Solid will be genuine and if good quality. As far as needing to change nozzles, only if your having issues is it needed. Been using mine for well over a year without issues

3. TerryAns

TerryAns New Member

I will at least be prepped for when the day comes that i need to change nozzles and consider this purchase another learning experience. I really appreciate the feedback.