1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Dead Printer

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tom C, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Tom C

Tom C New Member

I had not run my printer for a couple of weeks, so I plugged i in and turned it on. my LCD screen was blank, (it normally displays the reprap logo and fires up) so I plugged the usb cable in and my computer came back with a com4 not installed correctly error. I pulled the bottom off to make sure cables had not come unplugged. voltages out of the power supply are correct to the board (checked with a meter) arduino will not connect to the board since the com port is not configured correctly.

Tom C

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, short of the Arduino board actually being toast you can try reinstalling the Arduino driver (just install the Arduino IDE -- the drivers come along for the ride).

Given that the LCD is also not displaying you can try unplugging that and see if something faulty with the LCD is hosing the Arduino as well....however it is might be time for a new Arduino Mega.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Of course if you have an R1 make damn certain that little fan it running down there as well :)

4. Tom C

Tom C New Member

I will unplug the LCD easy enough to do. yes the small fan to that is attached to the bottom cover is spinning, and that gets its power off the board. well it is still under warranty so hopefully it will get replaced.

Tom C

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

They will take care of you :)

6. Tom C

Tom C New Member

problem solved it was the LCD, just installed a XXL LCD