1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Do I need to calibrate the X and Y axes?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Randseed, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randseed

Randseed New Member

I printed off a filament feeder from thingiverse designed for the Robo3D. Now the model may be flawed, unless there are two sizes of slot at the top of the Robo3D, but it did present a question:

This thing is at least 5mm too big in one dimension. That seems like way too much of a variance. Do the axes need to be calibrated that much? Or are the settings in the firmware for the stepper motor wrong?

I have some calipers on order and am going to do some precise measurements, but I figure I'm not the only one with this problem if it actually exists.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

measure the model to verify that it's actually printing wrong.

That's way too much variance. The x and y steps are pretty well calibrated. Certainly not off by 5mm

3. Christoph

Christoph New Member

New user here, just got my R1 last week after a long and patient wait. Overall loving it, and will post some new threads with more detailed issues, ideas, etc when I get some more time. BUT, I've also noticed that my Y-axis (print bed) is coming out squeezed, and/or X axis is coming out stretched. Tried to print some round objects that consistently come out oblong. Not sure if it's a slicing issue or a calibrating issue. Will post a more detailed thread with several other issues I've encountered, pics etc. But I'm also seeing some issues with symmetry along X/Y.

4. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I too have a problem printing round shapes. Longer on the X side. Y is shorter. Updating to the latest whatever does not help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Pierre-Luc

Pierre-Luc New Member

New user here also, I just printed a simple part and both my x and y value are shorter. My x value is not that bad though, came up to 9.6mm for a wanted value of 9.8

The y came up at 14mm for a 14.8mm value desired though, which could be a problem for fitting pieces in an assembly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.