1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Does this look like a filament issue, or a printer settings issue?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jsn9955, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Jsn9955

Jsn9955 Member

I don't think I'd necessarily call this Z ribbing. The first 1" of the print looks great, after that it starts looking real segmented, almost as if the filament wasn't bonding to itself, goopy, bumpy... This print has been running for about 15 hours... I'm leaning toward bad/cheap filament... It's Hatchbox brand, I bought it off Amazon as I was in a hurry and wanted the free 2 day shipping. This is my first time using it, the only other PLA I tried was a roll from Robo3d (Not the free trial stuff), and I had no issues that looked like this with the Robo3d filament.

Thankfully, it doesn't have to look good as a prototype for me to see if it actually works.

thoughts, bad pla? Printing on low quality Matter control settings, .3 layer height, 40% infill, ext temp 204c, bed temp 30c

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Could be the filament. Might also be the extrusion. When's the last time you calibrated your extruder?