1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Doesn't print whats showing on screen

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Terry Dowis, Apr 4, 2015.

1. tinker

tinker New Member

There is a cloud based program called TINKERCAD it is a very user friendly 3d drawing tool for printers. Exports .stl and imports .dxf and others. I draw in 2d then import to tinkercad and extrude to 3d. I am not that good yet at 3d model drawing.

2. Terry Dowis

Terry Dowis New Member

Thank you for all your replies, after trying it step by step, it appears that its when we use the "slice" tool to cut the pipe at a 45 degree angle on the drawing. (testing using sketchup). And using rhino 3d gave us the same results. Each step prints fine till then.

3. Terry Dowis

Terry Dowis New Member

As An update, we finally found the '"Slice" settings in matter control, and set it to Slic3r, and it took care of the problem

4. Terry Dowis

Terry Dowis New Member

So now another issue, We've been printing with the pla that came with the printer, well, ran out of that and when i ordered the printer, ordered another roll, but this is ABS. I changed the settings in matter control to ABS, but it prints pretty crappy. Is there some other settings I should change in matter control also?

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hmm a picture of a bad print is helpful. What are the print settings? temperatures etc

6. Terry Dowis

Terry Dowis New Member

I was going to after we tried a few different settings but we figured it out, ended up changing a couple of settings in the configuration, not sure which ones, my other guy did it... But thank you, you guys have been most helpful all the way here. By the way, the threads on the upper/lower portion are "Squeaking", what kind of lube do you recommend on those as well as the parallel rods the print-head moves on?

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

sewing machine oil/white lithium spray is good for the threaded rods and smooth rods