1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

E3D help

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by zalez, Jul 10, 2014.

1. zalez

zalez New Member

Looking to upgrade my hot end. Does anyone know of a complete walk through or tutorial specific to the robo3d? If not, anyone willing to through one together?

Thanks,
    Z

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I can help when you get the stuff it is just a bit getting things all put together sometimes

3. zalez

zalez New Member

Thank you - I appreciate that. When ordering the E3D, do I need the bowden kit or just the universal?

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

That depends on what you want to do for to make thing easiest I would suggest the standard non bowden setup. You may eventually go to the Bowden setup but it has a lot of additional thing you need to get set up correctly. Being you are still new I would recommend staying with the standard for now.

2 people like this.
  5. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

The cool thing about the universal (or the bowden for that matter) on the V6 is that you can simply switch back and forth. The bowden is actually only a few $$ more so if you're thinking you might want to change in the future you might want to buy the bowden kit and use it as direct drive. That way you have the parts on hand if you ever want to switch.