1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Easiest New/Upgrade Extruder for Robo 3d R1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Arthur Smith, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Arthur Smith

Arthur Smith Member

Grrrr... about every other print, I was getting a clog in the hot end. Sometimes I could get it with a thin wire, other times I had to completely disassemble it and mind you, I am a total newbie and don't know what I am doing. This time I was really having a hard time clearing the clog when a wire came out. I'm not sure if I should attempt to fix it with your help, or just upgrade it? I have read that this is the one part people really suggest upgradign. But again, I'm a newbie (I'm actually an old timer computer guy. Meaning I'm fairly handy, just don't know the new tech) so we can't get too crazy (or expensive).

I'm looking forward to your replies!
    Arthur Smith
    PuppetSmith Arts Puppets, Creatures and Cosplay

[​IMG]

2. janot928

janot928 Active Member

the thing that came out is called the thermistor. It is the temperature sensor of the hot end. just try to not touch it to mutch with your bare hands and put it back inside with the black sleeving or kapton tape.

I assume that you are printing pla so you most likely need to season your extruder and add an oiler to prevent the clogs. There are already a lot of post about that problem
    just look there for more info
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.p...hotend-jam-clogs-seasoning-and-an-oiler.3564/

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

If the thread @janot928 pointed too isn't enough information use Google and type this into the search box:
    Code:
    clog+oiler site:community.robo3d.com
    The forum search at the upper right corner is broken

4. Arthur Smith

Arthur Smith Member

Thank you. I am printing PLA. This last time, I did us an oiler. But I'll give it a try. Thanks again