1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Easy Filament Loading Knob

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Seshan, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

I've created this to help with filament loading, You will need to get 2 M4 50mm hex bolts, I got mine from lowes ($2 for 4), It's a pretty close fit when both are on, but it still works fine. You might want to use some glue to hold the parts together.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:194184

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Billm

Billm Member

it look like the side with the knob compresses the spring more. will that cause a problem?

3. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

It does compress it a little more, but in the picture it is also screwed in more then the other bolt, so it looks like it's compressed alot more. The thickness of the plastic is about 1.4mm. You can always back the bolt out more, I've always screwed them in all the way. Removing or finding a thinner wash is also a possibility if it does become a problem. (I don't think it will). But with removing the washer the spring might wear through the plastic.

4. Mattchu

Mattchu Member

actually...I've got a sweet part that could work. there's a plastic cap you can get for socket head cap screws that is a press fit over the screw head. they can be wing nuts or just a thing knurled plastic piece.

I'll check my supply catalog for them tomorrow.