1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Error compiling while trying to upgrade firmware

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Voyager1, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Voyager1

Voyager1 New Member

I'm receiving the following errors in the Arduino software after clicking the verification button:

Marlin_3_14_14.ino:33:27: error: Configuration.h: No such file or directory
    Marlin_3_14_14.ino:34:18: error: pins.h: No such file or directory

But I can guarantee you that both the .h files are there!

Firstly, I modified the configuration.h file to allow max temp of 295 for my E3Dv6 hot end and TEMP_SENSOR_0 5. Arduino software asks me for permission to put Marlin_3_14_14.ino into "sketch folder" - I click ok. Once open, I click the verify button and get the above error messages.

I mistakenly uploaded the auto bed levelling version of the firmware previously (oops - auto levelling just a pipe dream at this point) and so am trying to replace it with the above.

Any ideas on what's causing the errors?

2. Voyager1

Voyager1 New Member

You know - its amazing how posting a question on the forums can make your head clear! I've figured out the problem all by myself!!
    As it turned out, I had previously downloaded the software and forgotten it was still in my downloads folder. So when I redownloaded, my mac automatically added -2 to the folder name. So it seems that was why the Arduino software couldn't find what it was looking for.

2 people like this.